Thursday, January 21, 2010

Youth in Revolt?

Although not a celebrity photo, I just couldn't let this one go! While out to eat yesterday, I saw this pre-teen girl wearing what can only be described as clown clothes! You don't get the whole look from this picture, but you get the idea. Is this really what the next generation thinks is cute? If so, I'm scared! (I have no doubt that this is exactly what people said about some of the stuff I wore at that age...Oh man, I think I've become "the old chick that doesn't get it"!)

The outfit consists of:
-Brown and multi-colored heart print hoodie
-Bright blue athletic shorts
-White and multi-colored polka-dot (different colors than the hoodie) lace trimmed cropped leggings
-Bright pink and white high-top sneakers
-Baby blue, light pink, and white graphic t-shirt underneath the hoodie

I want your feedback...what do you think of the mis-matched tween look?

3 comments:

  1. Well, you know my opinion...I was with you! I'm not one for matchy matchy but they should be close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sad for this child...what I want to know is who let her walk out of the house like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see a parent. I would assume that the person that let her leave the house like that is the same person that let the boy next to her out in shorts and t-shirt with no jacket (it was about 40 degrees at the highest yesterday)! Crazy people!

    ReplyDelete