Sunday, September 12, 2010

And the Emmy goes to...

Here we are again, at red carpet season! I was not home to watch the event live, which is the reason is took me almost two weeks to get through all the DVR coverage and get this post up! However, I finally made it through all of the great gowns, the fugly frocks, and the terrible tuxes. 
The Emmys, overall, were less than exciting. Nothing too over-the-top (except January Jones - see below), but nothing too fantastic either. 

Here's a quick run-down of some of my favorites...and those not-so-favorites. 

Starting with the host and his wife, Nancy Juvonen. Jimmy Fallon looked great - he was also a decent host. However, his wife should have spent a lot less time in the spray tan booth, especially if she wanted to wear that dress. She's so orange that she looks like a member of the cast of Jersey Shore. Hint: do NOT match your dress to your skin!

What is more ridiculous than Bjork and that stupid swan? 

January Jones and that stupid Versace! Need I say more?



This reminds me of a doily on my grandmother's table! (Diana Agron in Carolina Herrera)














Guilianna Rancic looks like she borrowed her dress from a Jem doll!

Mary Hart is apparently stuck in the Designing Women era of 1985 and is channeling Delta Burke.




I don't even know who these chicks are or what they do, but I do know I hate their dresses! Prints are not for the red carpet! (Rutina Wesley - left, and KayCee Stroh - right.)

The mesh belly panel was out of style before Seinfeld was even off the air! (Julia Louise Dreyfus in Narcisco Rodriguez.)



Kyra Sedgwick's dress (Monique Lhullier) is way too heavy for a summer award show and her hair is a mess!

This is the reason that reality TV "stars" - I use the word loosely, should not be allowed on the red carpet (Stephanie Pratt). 

And if I'm going to criticize the above mess for wearing her too short frock, than Heidi Klum is guilty of the same offense! Holy shortness Batman! We get it, you've had four kids and still have a killer bod, we don't need to see the ENTIRE bod though (in Marchesa)!!

While we're on the subject, Seal decided to go with the Leisure Suit Larry look. Button up your shirt, add about 5 inches to your wife's skirt, and then try that whole red carpet thing again!

Another couple that got it all wrong is Ty and Holly Burrell. His combat boots and her busted up Morticia Adams rose garden are such a complete disaster!

A couple more that I just don't like...Anna Pacquin looking like a matador in Alexander McQueen (R.I.P.), Kate Gosselin in only what I can guess is from Sears, and Sophia Vergara in Carolina Herrera with a crazy reptile style stripe up the front.

So, now onto the ones I like...
There were two big surprises on the Emmy red carpet. They normally look a mess, but both Kelly Osborne (in Tony Ward Couture) and Kim Kardashian (in Marchesa) looked fantastic!

I absolutely love Claire Danes in Armani Prive. The only complaint I would have is not with her look, but with the fact that all Armani Prive gowns are starting to look alike.

My best dressed for the night...

RICO RODRIGUEZ from Modern Family! What a cutie! When asked who he was wearing, he said, "Le Mom and Le Sister"! I love it!

The MTV Video Music Awards are up next! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment