Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chanel Tattoos?

Yup, it's true...and tragic!

Chanel Tattoos - 'Les Trompe L'Oeil de Chanel' Temporary Skin Art Brings Ink to High Fashion (GALLERY)

I would like to thank LV for the heads-up on this new "trend". I use the term "trend" very loosely here. Apparently Chanel is creating a line of temporary tattoos that will sell for $75 with 55 different designs (I do believe that means $75 for each design)! I appreciate Chanel's attempt here to break into a new demographic - but really? Temporary tattoos? That is something you get in a child's birthday party goodie-bag, not at one of the most famous couture houses in the world! I feel like Chanel is doing exactly what they've been so against for years; selling out to the masses! I place Chanel selling temporary tattoos in the same category as Alexander McQueen designing for Target, Vera Wang for Kohl's, or Max Azria teaming up with Miley Cyrus for Wal-Mart (which is an issue we will get into another day - I have tons to say about that phenomenon!).

What do you think of Chanel's new line of temporary tattoos? Give feedback below in the comments section.

1 comment: