Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grammy Awards Fashion Continued...

John Legend in Prada looks great from a distance. However, once you realize that the vest is mesh, the entire look falls apart. There is no reason for any man that is not the bartender at the local gay strip club to be wearing a mesh vest! You are better than that John - get it together!






Carrie Underwood in Edition by Georges Chakra. I'm a little torn on this one. I love the geometric metallic neckline. I don't love the cut of the bodice though. This girl has far too great of a figure to wear such a tent dress! I think I would love the head to toe look if it were more fitted through the mid-section.







Ashanti is proof that even the best designer screws up. This Tony Ward Couture gown is said to cost somewhere near $300,000! First of all, the dress isn't even that cute! Second, as far as I'm concerned, Ashanti has no relevance in the music industry any more. Why she is even there stumps me, much less why somebody thought it was necessary to put her in the most expensive gown there! (I credit Tony Ward with the fantastic beading detail, but the cut is all wrong and I hate the frilly skirt/train.)




Beyonce in Stephane Rolland confuses me a bit. It's a pretty gown, but it just doesn't work for me on her. For some reason, it looks like she has a tiny head and that her body is way bigger than it really is. She's not a big girl, she's actually quite fit. I just believe that it's the really bad pose and the fact that it seems any movement is completely restricted in this gown.






Colbie Caillat in Nicolas Jebran. My issue with this look is not solely based on the gown itself, but the appropriateness of sporting such a sexy look when your dad is your date. It just looked a little strange when they were interviewed together on the red carpet (I am certainly not suggesting that their relationship is at all inappropriate - just that the dress and a dad don't mix). I don't particularly care for the dress anyway. The wavy beach hair with the dress, the black open-toe sandals, and the cheap looking sheer skirt just don't create a good overall look. This girl is 24 years old and was raised in the music industry. She should know better by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment