Monday, April 19, 2010

Please pardon this interruption...

Dear Justin Timberlake,

Just as I was not amused by R.Kelly comparing women to a Jeep, I am less than impressed with your latest Timbaland collaboration! It doesn't matter how great the beat is, and it is a really great beat and melody, the lyrics are STUPID! Any self-respecting woman is not going to approve of being referred to as a "carry-out", where you can "have it your way"! At first listen, I really thought this was supposed to be another SNL thing, like that Dick in a Box nonsense. It wasn't until I saw the video that I realized that this is a "real" song meant for radio play (of which it is getting plenty). Especially sad, since they are playing it on pop radio stations whose core audience is teenagers - another great message to the kids. And please, I am begging you, lose the 1970's prom tux! No matter how adorable you are, the ridiculous wardrobe does nothing for you!

Sincerely,
Anti-Fashionista

P.S. I loved you in Alpha Dog, you should really do more acting!

No comments:

Post a Comment